Setting up email in Outlook 2003
1. Start .
2. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
3. Under E-mail Accounts, click 'Add a new e-mail account', and then click Next.
4. Click IMAP as the type of account that you are creating, and then click Next.
5. Fill out the required settings as following:
Your Name: Your name exactly as you want it to appear to recipients when they receive from you
Address: your full address - eg jsmith@my->.com
Account Type: IMAP (recommended)
Incoming mail : mail.<> - replace <> with your name, so for example mail.my-.com
Outgoing mail (): mail.<> - same as the Incoming mail
: your full address once again
Password: your mail box password
Ensure that 'Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) remains unchecked. This is important as you may experience difficulty sending with this enabled.
6. Click "More Settings..."
7. Click "Outgoing " tab at the top.
8. Mark the box labelled "My outgoing () requires authentication".
9. Click "Advanced" tab at the top
10. In the Outgoing mail () box, type 25. *Note, if you have trouble sending e-mail, please try changing this to port 587.
11. Ensure that both 'This requires an encrypted connection () options are unchecked
12. Click "Ok" to close the window.
13. Click Next after you have completed entering this configuration information, and then click Finish