Setting up email in Outlook 2007
1. Start .
2. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
3. Click New.
4. Click 'Microsoft Exchange, , IMAP, or ', and then click Next.
5. In the Auto Account Setup dialog box, click to select the Manually configure settings or additional types check box, and then click Next.
6. Click Internet E-Mail, and then click Next.
7. Fill out the required settings as following:
Your Name: Your name exactly as you want it to appear to recipients when they receive from you
Address: your full address - eg jsmith@my->.com
Account Type: IMAP (recommended)
Incoming mail : mail.<> - replace <> with your name, so for example mail.my-.com
Outgoing mail (): mail.<> - same as the Incoming mail
: your full address once again
Password: your mail box password
Ensure that 'Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) remains unchecked. This is important as you may experience difficulty sending with this enabled.
8. Click "More Settings..." in the bottom right of the window
9. Click "Outgoing " tab at the top.
10. Tick the box labelled "My outgoing () requires authentication"
11. Click "Advanced" tab at the top
12. In the Outgoing mail () box, type 25. *Note, if you have trouble sending e-mail, please try changing this to port 587.
13. Ensure that 'This requires an encrypted connection () is unchecked
14. The 'Use the following type of encrypted connection:' option should be set to None
15. Click "Ok" to close the window.
16. Click Next after you have completed entering this configuration information, and then click Finish